Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Trey's first week: Day 4






Wednesday, June 3rd

Today was to be our scheduled induction!! Fortunately we did not make it to today!! It was extremely nice waking up at home and not in that uncomfortable hospital bed. Trey had a big day as his Papaw came by to see him Wednesday morning, Nana Honey came by this afternoon, and David and I gave Trey his first bath at home!! Trey is doing well but we have noticed that he is getting a little jaundice. We have our first doctor's appointment tomorrow so we will have them check it out. When Trey left the hospital he weighed 7 lbs, 5 oz so he had not lost that much weight which is great. I am breastfeeding but we have supplemented a little so he can get all the possible nutrients. He has been sleeping really well and I have been trying to nap. It is super nice having my mom here as encouragement and of course David is doing great. He has naturally just ran with the father role which is so special to see. I feel so blessed to have help and the support of a wonderful husband and father. David is not a very patient man but has demonstrated a tremendous amount of patience. He always tells me that I have taught him to be more patient but really I think it is Trey!! I must say that he looks just like his daddy too!! I am not sure he has anything of mine besides MAYBE my eyes. It is like looking in the mirror of David and Trey. He definitely is a YOUELL. I know I have to have some part in this along the way. Maybe some dimples will pop out in the near future!! HAHA!! Enjoy checking out our pictures!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love all the post!!! Thanks for sending me pictures!!! I get tears in my eyes when I look at him in yours and David's arms!!! You guys are doing great!!!
Love,
Aunt Amber

Ashley Shepherd said...

How sweet! I love all of the little detailed updates. You guys are so awesome. I would love to come see him!!!!