Monday, June 1, 2009

Trey's first week: Day 2






Monday, June 1st

Trey was up early and we were on a mission to continue feeding. After a long night, David and I were super exhausted and I was in major pain. The nurse started giving me pain medicine in the middle of the night and it made me drowsy. Papaw came by to see Trey about 8:15 a.m. and the nurse came in shortly after to take him to see the pediatrician. We had a great report from the doctor and then Trey had another visitor that came by to conduct a hearing test all newborns must do. The nurse had to attach all these monitors to him that pick up his brain waves! He passed his first test with flying colors!!! Memommy arrived around 9:30 a.m. this morning and that helped David and I get some rest. Papa Ken and Uncle Kipper came today to see Trey and were so excited about him. While they were there I jumped in the shower (it felt so good) and tried to wake myself up a little. Nana Honey and Aunt KaKa came by and brought cousins Jeffrey and Lexie while Aunt Devee was having surgery. We also had Aunt Jodi and cousin Sophie Jo drive over from Murfreesboro to spend some time with us and Uncle Travis and Aunt KiKi stopped by as well. By the time everyone had left, I was worn out. The pain medicine was knocking me out so David watched Trey while I slept for a couple of hours. We were able to have a peacful evening just the three of us and enjoy spending time together. We were even fortunate to have the nurse take Trey out of the room for about 4 hours to help us sleep!! That was a major blessing!!

No comments: