Thursday, June 18, 2009

Trey's first road trip!! Oh my!





On Thursday, June 18th Trey and I left for Memommy and Poppa's house in Rock Island and let me just say I was so glad to arrive. Who knew how stressful it would be making sure I had everything. David had left super early that morning for Tri-cities so that meant I had to pack the car all by myself. I had almost packed our bags the night before so I just needed to time everything between his feedings and naps. We woke up, I fed him, burped him, changed him, dressed him, put him to sleep. I then was able to get dressed and start loading the car. By the way you can't put much in car with a stroller that takes up the whole trunk. David and I know are discussing the possibility of an SUV!! Stay tuned for that one. So by the time I was worn out walking up and down the stairs and making sure I had everything, Trey was up and ready to eat again. I paused to feed him, burp him, change him, and put him back to sleep. He gets a small nap first thing in the morning and then will sleep a decent amount on his 2nd nap. This time I put him in his car seat to sleep so I could break down the pack n play and put it in the car. That was a project as I did not put the thing together. After finally getting on the road (had to make a few detours along the way) I was not even out of Knoxville and he was crying ready to eat AGAIN. I fed him in the back seat of the car while I ate my Wendy's chicken nuggets and fries. I burped him, changed him and put him back in the car seat. On the road again we went only to hit a down pour and severe thunderstorm. It was so bad I could not see the road. I was so nervous with him in the car I pulled off in Kingston to wait for the storm to pass. My 2 hour trip seem to take forever and when I arrived to Mom and Dad's house, Mom took Trey and I slept for 2 hours with a killer headache!! Thursday night Trey was up for a decent amount of time but was good to go on Friday. We went out for a ride to Cookeville. It was so stinking hot I went in to Belk's to the restroom to feed him. On our way back to Mom's house, I stopped in Sparta to go pick up some things at Walmart. By the time I had come back out to the car, Mom had changed Trey's diaper twice, his outfit once and his umbilical cord had finally come off. It was an eventful trip. Uncle Kipper is obsessed with Trey and wants to hold him all the time. He can't quite figure out why Trey has to eat so often and sleeps so much. He will understand one day when he has children of his own. Our trip back on Saturday was much easier as I had help loading the car and did not have to do it all by myself. Trey and I did have to make one stop on our way from Rock Island to Sevierville and that was by the house in Knoxville. I thought I was going to be able to make it all the way to Nana Honey's house and then Trey starts screaming right before our exit so I stopped by the house and fed the little man, burped him, changed him, and on the road we went. David was there to greet us and unpack the car with all our belongings. I was so glad to see David and our little family be back together again!! It was a nice ending to the Saturday before Father's Day!!

1 comment:

Josh Watson said...

That is hilarious! I can SOOOO relate. I think any new mom can. And we are thinking of a new car too b/c with two kids and a stroller, there is no room for groceries. Kids change everything! He is a doll. I can see a lot of you but David too. Miss you and hope to see you soon.