Monday, July 6, 2009

Trey meets his 100 yr. old Great Grandmother Carrie




This was truly a wonderful moment for me as a daughter, granddaughter, and mother. Trey met his 100 year old Great Grandmother Carrie today. This is my only grandparent living and is my father's mother. It is amazing to think they are 100 years apart. I hope I can share with him all I can about Grandmother Carrie as she is the only great grandparent he will ever know. I was able to capture their first moment together and I must say Grandmother handled Trey very well. She was extremely interactive with him and was so excited to see him. Grandmother's nickname for Trey is "Little Rascal" and she always refers to him as that...ALWAYS. Trey is the only great grandson she has so I am fortunate the two were able to meet. Seeing them together was so special. You never expect to see such a drastic age difference. All I could think about was in my Grandmother Carrie's lifetime she has seen so much and Trey is just beginning. Trey's life will be vastly different from Grandmother. You then start to think about how you wish Trey had the opportunity to meet all of his great grandparents. He would have loved them all.

No comments: