Monday, February 28, 2011

Introducing Cooper Smith Youell

We are so excited to introduce to everyone our new bundle of joy, Cooper Smith Youell. Weighing 7 lbs, 13 oz and 20 inches long, Cooper Smith entered the world at 12:42 a.m. on Friday, February 18th.  After a full day of work on Thursday, February 17th, Trey and I made it home around 5 p.m. from Brentwood. David was busy with cases all day and had a dinner planned with his manager Thursday evening. I decided to have mom come up and help me with Trey and then spend the night for my doctor's appointment on Friday morning. She gladly said yes and met us at the house! David came home for a minute to see us and Trey and I played in the backyard kicking the soccer ball and running around. I was having some contractions and had felt like some things were moving and a groovin but didn't seem worried. I thought for sure I could get through working on Friday (I mean I have been SLAMMED at work and David just had one of his busiest weeks at work so not much could happen, right?)! Boy was I wrong! At work that day people were thinking I was going to have him Thursday night as did Mom and Joan. I wanted breakfast for dinner but we didn't have any milk or bacon so Mom ran to the store to pick some up. David was at dinner and so I preheated the oven and Trey and I started folding clothes out of the dryer when my water broke around 7:30 p.m! I called Mom only to learn her that her cell phone was sitting on my kitchen counter. I then texted David to ask when he would be coming home that I thought my water broke and he needed to take me to the hospital to get checked out. Once Mom got back to the house I told her what happened and she said that it was time and that I would be going tonight! We called Aunt KaKa to see if she could come down and Jodi came down to stay with Trey while we went to the hospital. I quickly bathed Trey and I jumped in the shower then put Trey to bed while my body is going crazy and getting ready to give birth!!! Trey could definitely sense something was going on so I just wanted to make sure that he was good to go and taken care of. We then called Big David and Joan (Papaw and Nana) and told them to get in the car and drive on down to Murfreesboro. We arrived at the hospital around 8:30 or 8:45 at MTMC to get checked in. My contractions had started to pick up with more intensity and were happening around 5-7 minutes. Once we got in the room we started getting everything rolling. I quickly asked when I could get an epidural and the nurse told me the anethesiologist was in a c-section and would come in after that. When the nurse first checked me I was dilated to 3 and about 70% effaced. All I can say is that I quickly begin progressing and moved further and further along with contractions happening every 1.5- 3 minutes. Before we knew it the doctor was coming in and I started pushing. After pushing through about three contractions, Cooper Smith made his grand entrance into our world! We are so blessed and God is so good. I am in awe of him and Trey and can't believe our little family is now four strong! We were so excited to have Jodi in the waiting room to take pictures and then Big David and Joan (aka Papaw and Nana) in the parking lot and were able to come in to see their new grandchild!!

Please check out Jodi's pictures in the link as she captured some great first moments! Trey is a wonderful big brother and loves giving his new baby brother kisses!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com