Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Celebrting 10 years... Carrie's High School Reunion








I cannot believe that it has been 10 years since I graduated from Red Bank High School. I have so many wonderful memories from those 4 years and was really looking forward to the event. I did not run for a class officer Senior year as they traditionally plan the reunion and figured that would be a lot for me. However I did end up assisting with a great deal of planning and getting everything ready. The reunion was a 2 day event that began with the Homecoming football game against Central. In addition to the reunion festivities, RBHS had all the former homecoming queens return to participate with the court this year. We walked out onto the field and were announced. I was excited David and Trey were able to meet people and see where I spent so many days and nights! On Saturday, I went to lunch with Amy LeVally whom I regularly keep up with and Morgan Scopetto whom I have not seen in about 8 or 9 years. We then went and decorated for Saturday night's event! Balloons, cake, confetti, superlatives, a DJ, etc. You name it, we had it and I think the event went well. It really was funny that you expect people to be so different. I have to say that while things change, it really is interesting how they stay the same! I was happy that I was able to see some people I have not seen in a while and if you are wondering I did bring home two superlatives- Most school spirit and the girl who lived up to her high school superlative (most popular). We were fortunate to have Casey Stuart Blazek's in laws keep Trey while we went out and celebrated the evening! I did miss my little man and was excited to see him upon our return.

No comments: